Saturday, April 5, 2008

Who's Excited For Boheme in HD???

Me! Me! I'm excited!!!!

My local movie theater is showing it today. It's the first one they've done, so I'm praying there's no glitches. I easily bought tickets this morning (hardly in advance...), so I hope that doesn't mean that there won't be a lot of people there. I know of quite a few opera enthusiasts in town. However, some might have gone to the bigger movie theater a couple of towns over. Oh well, I'm pumped.

Speaking of HD Broadcasts, I loved the Romeo et Juliette the other night on PBS. I remembered so much about it from seeing it in October. Of course, I saw Marcello Giordani and he was fabulous, but Alagna held his own. Anna was great, and when she passed the camera backstage she made a funny face which I thought was cute. Some of the camera angles were amazing, especially during curtain calls. I'm just upset they didn't show the intermission features.

Happy Listening!!! =)

No comments: