Sunday, June 29, 2008

Met Futures

One of my favorite blogs, Sieglinde's Diaries, is back in business and I have some very exciting news! =)
The Met Futures Page has been around for about 8 years and it is so much fun to have. You can see when new productions are coming, who is singing what and when! It has been very helpful to me in the past. So Sieglinde has been asked to join Bradley Wilbur in maintaining the Met Futures Page.
There are so many amazing things in store for the Met. As unpredictable as the Gelb Era is, I hope that these productions stay mostly as they are. Hopefully there won't be any drastic changes to these exciting seasons.

There are a few things that alarmed me slightly. One major new production is the new Luc Bondy Tosca that will premiere opening night of the 2009-2010 season. I've only seen that Zefferelli Tosca once and I'm not sure I want to give it up yet.
In the 2010-2011 season there will be a new La Traviata for the Met. It's the Salzburg production, directed by Willy Decker. Having never seen the Zefferelli and having seen clips of the Salzburg production, I'm hesitant about this new production.
Those are the only changes that really caught my not-so-positive attention. The rest of the lists look fantastic and it makes me long for the future seasons to come!
However, let's hope the 2008-2009 season doesn't go by too fast. We don't want to breeze through this incredible new season!!!!

Happy Listening!!! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the news about the futures info. I love to see what's coming. It's also sobering to remember how much advanced planning is necessary to put on an opera season!