Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ballet Boot Camp Part II

Well, I'm not sure how much I will post in the next few weeks, but I'll do the best I can. Most of my day is made up of jetes and pirouettes, so I might be too tired some nights or I might just not have time! Sorry!
Anyway here are some of the arias I've heard used as ballet music for the barre and center work:

"Merci, jeunes amies" from Verdi's I Vespri Siciliani
"O luce di quest'anima" from Donizetti's Linda di Chamounix
"Non piu mesta" from Rossini's Cenerentola
That song from H.M.S. Pinafore that goes "I am the captain of the Pinafore (and a right good captain, too...)" I'm not sure if that's what it's called, though.

I'll be sure to update because everyday I hear at least one opera aria. It makes me very happy because most/all of the girls don't realize that they're listening to masterpieces of the some of the world's greatest composers.

Happy Listening!!! =)

PS. Speaking of Cenerentola.... here's a clip that I love...

No comments: