Thursday, June 26, 2008

Heard Today In the Ballet Studio... (And One Big "In Other News")

A continuation of the different opera arias/scenes I hear played on the pianos in our beautiful dance studios.
Today:

"Quando M'en Vo" from... well we all know. It was bound to come up eventually.
What I call the "Gypsy Chorus" from Act III of La Traviata. When the ladies (usually with tambourines) come out at Flora's party. We used this for frappes.

IN OTHER NEWS:
ROBERTO ALAGNA IS GOING BACK TO LA SCALA.
Big news. I was kind of shocked, but not at the same time. I figured that eventually they would rehire him because he's such a star, but I thought they would punish him a tad bit longer.
He is going to appear in Carmen and Simon Boccanegra alongside Placido Domingo.
Alagna is forgiven. Let's just hope that either the loggionisti keep their mouths shut, or Roberto learns to suck it up.


Happy Listening!!! =)