Thursday, February 14, 2008

Opera's Favorite Couples

In honor of Valentine's Day I'm doing a tribute to the great couples of opera. Whether married or not, old or new, or just performing together a lot, we love (most of) these couples to death. Included are my stupid nicknames (made up on the spot!) for all of these lovely singers!


Villazon and Netrebko (Netrebazon)
Fleming and Hvorostovsky (Flemstovsky)
Dessi and Armiliato (Armessi)
Gheorghiu and Alagna (The Matching-Jump-Suit Love Couple)
Natalie Dessay and Juan Diego Florez (Floray)
Pavarotti and Sutherland (Sutherotti)
Millo and Pavarotti (Millotti)
Carreras and Ricciarelli (Carrelli...haha!)
Callas and Di Stefano (Di Callasano)

Those are just some that I could remember off the top of my head. I'm sure I missed a few. Oh, well! Enjoy the love fest!!!


Happy Valentine's Day!!!! =)

No comments: