Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Gasp Heard 'Round the (Opera) World

Some one was booed at the Met?!?!??!?!!

The Met?

As in the Metropolitan Opera House?

Unheard of! Insane! Ridiculous!



Discussions concerning the "softies" and "too nice" Met audience have been had. Last night they were abruptly silenced when at the curtain calls of the season premiere of Tristan und Isolde tenor John MacMaster was booed by some members of the audience. Some does not necessarily mean unheard. It was (according to La Cieca) the worst booing incident in 37 years. That's pretty rough.
Having heard some of the Sirius broadcast myself I can say that MacMaster was obviously not *gulp* at his best. However, no matter what anyone else may say, I thought that Deborah Voigt sounded wonderful! I personally think she is amazing. Her voice sounded great from what I heard and although I didn't hear Michelle DeYoung I heard she all but stole the show.

Still, this booing.... What are we, La Scala? =)


Happy Listening!! =)

No comments: