Monday, November 19, 2007

So much for promising myself I would go...

...to Renee Fleming's La Traviata this season. And, of course, she conveniently decided that these were going to be her final Met Traviatas.



=( =( So, when my grandchildren ask "Grandma, did you ever see Renee Fleming as Violetta?" I will have to solemnly shake my head no. It's not completely my fault! By the time I got back from Italy every single seat for every single performance was sold out. The entire run! I'm not even kidding! Alright, I guess I'll just have to deal with her Desdemona ONLY. Well, yea, that's still pretty amazing. Seeing one of the greatest sopranos of this generation in one of her calling cards is, yes, pretty spectacular. =)


Oh, and by the way, Aprille Millo=life.





















Happy Listening!! =)

No comments: