Friday, September 28, 2007

Lucia Madness and Other News

I'm extremely overjoyed to announce that a part of Natalie Dessay's mad scene can be heard on youtube. It's not a video (that has been removed from youtube, sorry), but you can hear how well she did. This is the famous "Spargi d'amaro pianto."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XesQJl7PdKY


In other news, it has been announed that Anna Netrebko's Met I Puritani is set to be released on DVD in January!!!!!!! This is very exciting news! Now I'm just waiting for them to announce that Onegin and Barbiere are being released. Those were by far my two favorite broadcasts. To not release them would be a crime on the Met's part.



I've just been notified that the long awaited LA Opera production of La Traviata with La Fleming and Mr. Bean (I mean, Rolando Villazon) is going to be released on October 30th. Oh wow, that seems awful close to my birthday =0 well if that isn't an interesting coincidence... Maybe this year I'll give myself a late birthday present?

No comments: