Monday, January 21, 2008

BirthdayDesk 2

Possibly the greatest living tenor, if not then definitely the greatest tenor still performing (since September 6th, anyway), celebrates his *muffled number* birthday today!!!
I was beyond excited that he was going to conduct "Romeo et Juliette" and that I was going to go see it. He had been my favorite (and, well, still is!) since the very beginning and finally I was going to see him LIVE, IN PERSON! So I got to the Met shaking like a leaf and when the lights went down I knew I was going to lose it. Oh my gosh, he walked up to the podium and I couldn't stop, shaking, crying, laughing, and clapping all at the same time! It was crazy! Of course, I calmed down just before the applause stopped and anyone noticed. It's weird how great singers, or great people in general, can have that effect on you...

YAYYYYY PLACIDO DOMINGO!


Happy Listening!! =)


P.S. If you've been wondering what I've been doing while I've been neglecting this blog... This and this, too, are how I've been wasting- er, I mean, spending- my time.

No comments: